Sunday 1 May 2011

Ease listening to lectures entry 5. (listeing protfolio)

 Source: Ease Listening to Lectures


Strategies: a) listening for mean idea
b) try to predict the mean idea
c) use the online dictionary
d) pose after each sentence

Evaluation:  a) I couldn't get the first lecture because the lecturer spoek a bit fast that's why. I could get the other lectures which was assey to understand what they were saying but still i couldn't get the first one . I listen many time there was on article...I really try to ged the idea but I couldn't get.......

b) There was a lot of new vocab which I din't heard before and its really useful for me...likes
"bibliography"...that mean a list of all the books and articles uesd in preparing a pice of writing..."Initially"...meaning at the beginning..."Imperative"...meaning extremely important abd needing to be done or dealt with immediately...."Economist"..meaning someone who studies the way in which money and goods are produced and used the systems of business and trade..."Concerned"...meaning involved in something or affected by it..."Gross"...meaning a gross sum of money is the total amount before any tax or costs have been taken away..."Nomination"... meaning the act of afficially suggesting someone or something for a position,duty or prize os the fact of being suggested for it....."Turner"...meaing someone who usesa LATHE(special tool) to make shapes out of wood or metal
c) That are the word I also never heard before they are all new for me...and I'll try to use in my conversation....

Reflection: a)getting the idea is the good strategy and perdicting the main idea aswell....liste carefully to get the idea which help you to understand the article...when I was listeing the lectures i pose after sentence to understan...I didn't get some of the vocab then I checked from online ditionary....but there was no article for first lecture and that one too fast for me i still struggling to understand the lecture....

No comments:

Post a Comment